OCTOBER 2018 REPORT FROM MOJIMA ETOKUDO
The month of October was full of health challenges. I visited the hospital a couple of times and was diagnosed of Pneumonia and Tendinitis which was traceable to my frequent travels on motorcycle under rain and sun on missionary work in the rural areas because there is no car, the doctor recommended that I take some time to rest and protect my body whenever I am going out to a distance on motorcycle. I am getting better, I need more of your prayers, However during the time, I was able to participate in the following activities:
1. For four weeks now, the cultists/militants that troubled two Local Government Areas of Ukanafun and Etim Ekpo in Akwa Ibom State have surrendered themselves and their weapons to the Government in exchange for amnesty. Many prayers had been offered to God for peace and He has answered them. It is strongly believed that this will make it easy for us to reach remote areas that we were scared of visiting with the Gospel. But we need more of your prayers as this incident cause many places of worship to close down their operations for months now, some brethren houses burnt and some lost their lives and properties.
2. During this period of crisis, God open another mission field in Oruk Anam Local Government Area where me and my teammates work in the last 20 months and planted 4 churches between March, 2017 to July 2018.
3. During a good part of the month of October, I was engaged in a number of activities. October 13, I was the officiating Minister at the funeral service of a 94 old late brother at Ikot Akpabio.
4. On Sunday October 14, I preached on Evangelism Methods at the Central Church of Christ in Abak during her indoor Bible lectureship.
5. On same Sunday October 14, a soul was baptized into Christ at Ikot Osute, see attached photos by the Preacher.
6. On Saturday October 27, I was a guest speaker at the Youth Annual Gospel Seminar At Church of Christ, Okundi in Boki local government area of Northern Cross River State.
7. On Sunday October 28, I preached the Sermon at Church of Christ Ukpagada in Ogoja LGA of Northern Cross River State.
8. A 71 years old man who was baptized on June 24, 2018 at Ikot Itor during my rural mission trip departed this earthly life in death.
9. Brother Okon Ayama a newly baptized brother at Ikot Osute is undergoing major surgery on hernia in the hospital, please pray for him.
10. A Methodist church cleric enrolled in the WBS lesson by my WBSET and we are following up with him.
Thank you for your prayers and kind love towards the lost souls and our work for Christ. God bless you and yours.
In Christian love and service,