REPORT OF OUR 3 DAYS BIBLE SEMINAR /EVANGELISM AT CHURCH OF CHRIST , IKOT ODIONG VILLAGE BETWEEN JANUARY THURSDAY 30TH – FEBRUARY 1ST , 2020.
DAY 1: THURSDAY JANUARY 30, 2020,
Food for the Needy Body and Soul at Church of Christ meeting hall at Ikot Odiong were 60 beneficiaries including Widows, Orphans, Handicaps, The Less Privilege and aged who needed help in this direction benefited and they were drawn from Ikot Odiong Village and its neighboring villages. Rice, Money and our used clothing was shared and the beneficiaries were happy for your kind gestured showed them and prayed for God’s blessing upon the donors.
This benevolent ministry also afford us the opportunity to share the Gospel with the beneficiaries who was drawn from both the church and the community.
Some beneficiaries of our Food for the Needy Body and Soul in the past and present become Christian as this gesture open a path for us to take the Gospel to them. Thank you so much for your generosity. It’s indeed food for the Needy body and soul as we feed the physical body with food while the Spiritual part receive the Word.
DAY 2: FRIDAY JANUARY 31, 2020,
Fifty seven (57) Preachers alongside our Ukanafun WBS Evangelism Team join with other brethren go from door to door Evangelism campaign across Ikot Odiong Village and its neighboring villages preaching Christ and His Church to the lost souls, inviting the sinners to the Bible Seminar/open air preaching between 10am – 1pm.
There was an indoor Bible Seminar at the Church meeting place on the topic “GIVING IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH” by an Evangelist “Editi Obot”.between 2pm-4pm. Many questions arises from here mostly from the denominational Preachers and their followers and Bible answers was given.
Two Souls Obeyed the Gospel and baptized into Christ (Hope Etim Friday and Glory Various).
We later proceeded to the Village square were there is a public school and Market for the Open Air Evangelism on the topic “BY WHOSE AUTHORITY” . Many also responded to our preaching and promised to visit our meeting.
The day ended at 8pm and it was great but very hectic.
DAY 3 SATURDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2020 :
The indoor Bible Seminar on the topic “CHRISTIAN AND TITHE” was delivered by Ikobong Akpan while the Youths and Children class on topics “Why We Need Salvation and Don’t Be Conform to the Pattern of this World” was delivered by the assigned Teachers.
Over 20 questions arose and Bible answers was given to all.
Another Two (2) precious Souls obeyed the Gospel and baptized into Christ (Prince Mighty and Abasifreke Ime).
A total of Four (4) Souls obeyed the Gospel and baptized into Christ while 2 erring restored to faith.
FREE MEDICAL SERVICES :
We employ the services of :
* Optometrists who carried out Eye Test and Glasses to those who have the need, a total of 121 people with eyes problems received free Eye Test /Glasses.
* WHO volunteer offers Free HIV test.
A Medical Doctor and a Nurse also offers free Blood Sugar Test, Blood Pressure test and MALARIA/Typhoid test with administration of Free drugs to those who have the need.
There was Health Talk to help our people live a better life in the physical body.
FREE SKILL ACQUISITION :
To help our Preachers, their wives and the youths to be self reliance, we employ the services of a Liquid Soap maker who trained those who has the interest on liquid soap making.
* A total of 338 participants of both Christian and non Christian participate at our 2020 Bible Seminar /Evangelism at Ikot Odiong.
* Brethren from 37 congregation of the Lord church from three neighboring States participated.
* 16 Denominational churches members and their 6 Preachers and elders also participated and asked questions on the New Testament Church .
* Our meeting hall filled up and canopies was hired to accommodate our teeming participants.
* Our Sunday worship of February 2 , 2020 has two visitors who responded to our Gospel invitation but not yet baptize into Christ.
* I am optimistic that with this event and the activities forming part of it, many sinners will come to the knowledge of Christ and His church while the saved will grow strong till the end.
Thank you for your prayers and kind support toward this effort, your generosity really payoff. God bless you all our brothers and sisters at the Shackle Island Church of Christ for your generosity, it’s a great honor for Christ sake to share in work for Christ.
Know that you are always in my prayers.
In Christian Love and Service,